Apply Legal Heir Certificate Online in Tamilnadu: In this article, I am going to share the guide to apply legal heir certificate via the Tnesevai website in Tamilnadu. Okay, let’s move on to the article.
What is Legal Heir Certificate or Vaarisu Sandrithal?
In Tamilnadu, the legal heir certificate is also known as Varisu Certificate. When a person in the family is demised then to transfer their assets to a new person in the family, a legal heir certificate is required.
You can obtain a legal heir certificate in the VAO(Village Administrator Office) or you can apply that on Tnesevai centers or you can apply via the Tnesevai website.
Below persons are considered as the legal heirs in the family.
- Spouse of the deceased
- Children of the deceased (Son/ Daughter)
- Parents of the deceased
- Sibling of the deceased
Apply Legal Heir Certificate Online in Tamilnadu
It is very easy to apply legal heir certificate online in Tamilnadu. For that, you need to create an account on the Tnesevai website and you have to create a CAN number. With the help of the below guides that first.
Once you have done, log in to the Tnesevai website. The website will look like the below image. You can able to login into your account with the help of a mobile number.
You will be redirected to the “Revenue Department” page where you have to change the Record Per page to 100. Now click the “REV-114 Legal Heir Certificate“.
To apply legal heir certificate successfully read out the instructions carefully and proceed further. I have attached the image below for your reference.
The next step is you have to create a new CAN number or you have to search your exisiting CAN number with the help of using your registered mobile number, Aadhaar number, or Date of Birth.
Finally, In the legal heir application form fill up the below details carefully.
Address of the Deceased Person:
- Revenue Village
- Building / Door / Flat No.
- Pin Code
Legal Heirs of the Deceased Person:
- Relationship to the Deceased
- Marital Status
- Living Status
That’s it. Finally, you have to upload all the required documents in the proper format. I have mentioned alll the required documents below.
- Address of the deceased where he ordinarily resided before death (anyone from the below document list)
- Divorce Copy
- Death Certificate of First Wife
- Evidence for second marriage
- Self-Declaration of the spouse indicating all other legal heirs (including Mother in law)
- Marriage Registration Certificate or Passport or Voter ID or Aadhaar Cards or NPR data to establish a relationship
- Birth Certificate of all the children or T.C of all the children
- Death Certificate of the deceased
- Death Certificate of both the parents
- Birth Certificate or Community Certificate or Passport or Aadhaar (all eligible heirs) or TC or NPR or Employee Service Board
- Birth Certificate or TC or NPR or Employee Service Record or Community Certificate or Passport or Voter ID or Aadhaar of all eligible heirs
- Guardianship order issued by Hon’ble Civil court to prove relationship to the heirs
- Self-declaration of the parents
- Self-Declaration of Applicant
- Document Proof for Legally Adoption
Make the payment of Rs.60 using credit/debit or net banking. Note down the acknowledgment number. With the help of acknowledgment number, you can able to track the status of your application whether it is accepted or rejected or generated.