Football or cricket? This is the most common topic among sports fans around the world.
Football is a worldwide fad as compared to cricket, which is usually popular in Asian countries. The majority of sports fans in the US prefer football over cricket anytime.
But exactly what makes football so popular? Is it the football itself or is it the fact thate football is th world’s most popular sport? Is football as good as cricket? It’s difficult to say without a doubt, but here are some reasons that make us believe that football is better than cricket.
- Spectators: The number of people who attend a football match is much more than the number of people who attend a cricket match. The jam-packed stadiums of football exude thrill and excitement. The football crowd is energetic, cheering their favorites, which makes the game more entertaining.
In cricket matches, the crowd is less active. This doesn’t make the game any less exciting, but it doesn’t have the same crowd pull that football has. This is somewhat true for cricket matches that are held outside of India. In India, cricket enjoys a huge crowd and cheering from the spectators.
- 2. Fitness: Both cricket and football require the players to be fit and energetic. However, cricket does not demand rigorous training. Footballers need to endure extreme physical conditions all year round.
Unlike football players, cricket players train rigorously only during the cricket season. The players in the football team are in top physical condition, so they can play for long periods without getting tired. This physical energy goes a long way, providing the audience with an exciting match.
- Terminology: In cricket, the terminology used in the sport is very technical. This makes it difficult for the new audience to understand the game. However, football is simple so anyone can watch the game and understand it. Also, cricket is a slow-paced game, so it requires a lot of concentration.
4 Complexity: It needs fewer resources to understand football. Even an amateur football fan would be able to understand the basics of sports. It is much simpler to grasp as compared to cricket which seems confusing at times to new audiences.
- Unfair competition: The modern world has witnessed several changes in the format of cricket in the last couple of years. The test matches in cricket tend to be longer and give equal emphasis to batsmen and bowlers.
The development of a shorter form of cricket such as T20 has questioned the sustainability of cricket as a game. T20 is a limited over cricket match where the batsman is given more preference than bowlers. Football, on the other hand, gives equal importance to the roles of each player on the field. This makes football a more fair game.
- Controversies: There are many controversies surrounding cricket. Many people got caught in match-fixing scandals that include fixing the outcome of a match, which seems to be very common in the game. This makes the game lose its charm and fans stop watching, which is not the case with football.
The world of football is also not spared from controversies but not as grave as cricket. The game of football is full of suspense and action, which makes the game more interesting.
Betting on sports
Football is a universal game with an edge over cricket. It enjoys a wide fan following across the world. It is also a pure game. No other sport has this kind of fan following throughout the world. Even cricket fans in India love to watch football matches on TV.
However, that does not make cricket less popular. Cricket is a religion in India and Indians love watching it. The passion for cricket is so high that it is one of the few reasons that Indians want to watch cricket matches even during off-seasons. The match between India and Pakistan is one of the most-watched sporting events on television in India every year.
Cricket is the most popular sport to bet on as well. Sports punters wait for cricket leagues so that they can bet and make money. The level of betting is high in cricket as compared to any other sport.
Cricket is a game whose outcomes are uncertain and unpredictable. As a result, there is a huge chance of making money by betting on cricket. If you are looking forward to betting on IPL 2022, check this link https://parimatch.in/en/ipl-team-vs-team to get more about the teams that are going to participate in the IPL 2022.
Cricket or football-what’s your pick?
The debate of cricket vs football will never end and it will be difficult to conclude who is better. They are both very different and both have their own merits and demerits. Both should be enjoyed for their uniqueness.
Sports bettors usually prefer cricket over football as it gives them many opportunities to place bets. Many sportsbooks offer their platform to Indian players for betting. Parimatch is a trusted betting website with remarkable betting odds.